A chimney fire left a Cedar Grove home uninhabitable on Thanksgiving night, Cedar Grove Police officials said.
Township firefighters responded to a house on Overlook Road at 10:44 p.m. on Nov. 28 and found smoke throughout the house and several fires in the walls.
Fire crews worked for more than an hour to put out the fire. The house sustained significant damage from smoke, fire and water, making it uninhabitable.
An investigation later determined the fire was accidentally caused by the fireplace chimney, police said.
The residents were able to evacuate the home safely and no injuries were reported.
The North Caldwell, Verona and West Caldwell fire departments assisted on the scene.
Earlier in the day, at 11:50 a.m., the fire department responded to a Sherman Avenue house for a small oven fire. The fire was put out by a resident before fire officials arrived and no injuries were reported.
The information above was posted on the Cedar Grove Fire Department website.