Invite a friend
Interfaith Abraham Lunch
The topic of this year's lunch panel discussion is "Muslims, Jews and Christians engage the thoughts and visions of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
The panel will consist of spiritual leaders of different faiths, including Rev. Jeff Markay of the Caldwell United Methodist Church, Rabbi Alan Silverstein of Congregation Agudath Israel of West Essex and Sam Tunagur of the Peace Islands Institute of New Jersey.
All are welcome and a Turkish lunch will be served free of charge.
RSVP is requested by calling 973-226-4410 or emailing email@example.com.
More About Caldwell United Methodist Church
Methodism in Caldwell began in 1893 as an outgrowth of the Verona Methodist Church. At first, informal services were held in the homes of loyal Methodists in the town. The first official Methodist preaching service was led by Rev. Charles F. Kirk in the G.A.R. Hall on Feb. 4, 1894.
The First Methodist Episcopal Church was incorporated in the summer of 1894. A temporary building was erected on Cleveland Street at a cost of $600.
In 1899, the cornerstone was laid on the present location and the building was completed and dedicated in March 1900. On Dec. 16, 1945, under the leadership of Aubrey H. Guyn, ground was broken for the present church school building. Construction was completed the following year. A connecting building was erected in 1962 joining the church and church school.