Verona-Cedar Grove Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting the town and Essex County.
Tuesday is Election Day and Verona-Cedar Grove Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race that will impact the town. There are plenty of races for you to vote in. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Essex County Sheriff: Sheriff Armando Fontoura, a Democrat, will square off against Orlando Mendez in November.
- 11th Congressional District: Longtime Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, who faced no opposition in the GOP primary, will take on Democratic Challenger John Arvanites, who also had no opponents in the primary.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.
- Verona and Cedar Grove Board of Education: Incumbents John Quattrocchi and Joseph T. Bellino will be running unopposed for seats on the Verona Board of Education, while incumbents Frank G. Mandala Jr. and Laura Marinelli run opposed in Cedar Grove.