January 30 is the FEMA Deadline for Hurricane Sandy Damage
Verona Police are reminding residents through NIXLE alerts to apply for Hurricane Sandy damage by cutoff date.
Verona Police are reminding residents that the deadline to apply for FEMA disaster assistance from Hurricane Sandy is on January 30.
As Hurricane Sandy swept through Verona and Cedar Grove, falling trees took down telephone poles, blocked streets and left live wires dangling just about everywhere. Trees crushed cars, fences, roofs and damaged countless properties.
FEMA reminds those applying to have the following information ready:
- “Social Security Number (Including your spouse's).
- Private insurance information, if available.
- Address and zip code of the damaged property.
- Directions to the damaged home or property.
- Daytime telephone number.
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message.
- An address where you can get mail.
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEAM agent with your bank account type (savings/ checking), account number and routing number.”