Five Things That are Open Today
Shovels, salt, and Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese!
1) To start the list, let's talk about what is not open. All schools in Verona and Cedar Grove are closed today today. NJ Transit has announced it is suspending all bus service until further notice as of 5:15 a.m. *Note: As of 11 a.m., bus service has been restored.
2) Major Hardware Supply, 589 Pompton Ave. in Cedar Grove is stocked with shovels and rock salt, and will be open until 6 p.m.
3) In Verona, Kings Supermarket, 265 Pompton Ave., Verona, has plenty of rock salt for sale, and is open until 10 p.m. Don't forget to pick up some hot cocoa!
4) If you want a bite to eat, but don't feel like cooking this morning, the Verona Diner, 676 Bloomfield Ave., has got you covered. Waitress Brenda Becker said she had just put a pot of coffee on, and will be open as usual this morning.
"I can make up a Taylor Ham, egg and cheese in five minutes!" she said.
5) Ceder Grovers with a hankering for some comfort food on this snow-covered day can take solace at the Pilgrim Diner, 82 Pompton Ave., where they can satisfy your winter hunger with a hot, filling meal.