Cedar Grove Board of Ed Awards Scholarships
In other business, members talked about additional goals. Board plans a goal setting presentation rescheduled for Tuesday August 21.
The Cedar Grove Board of Education convened Tuesday, to wrap up some official end of they year business. The goal setting presentation scheduled for Tuesday night was rescheduled for the August 21 Board of Education meeting.
“Unfortunately we did not have any representatives from New Jersey School Boards that were available and our board attorney had previous commitments,” said Board of Education President Frank Mandala Jr.
In addition to paying bills, scholarship money was awarded to: Erin Tatz from the Michael Kapura Scholarship; Meaghan McCabe from the Laura Moscato Scholarship; David Mills from the David Murray Scholarship; Crystal Borbonus from the Class of '65 Scholarship; Joseph McShane from the Class of '65 Scholarship; Jocelyn Lemley from the Josephine Miele Scholarship; and Adam Casner from the David Revesz Scholarship.
During the meeting the board also:
- Accepted a donation of $25,210 from the Memorial Middle School Family School Association (MMS FSA) for 7 SmartBoards to be used in classrooms.
- Approved a partnership in the Grant Application in the Stewart B. McKinney Grant with the Essex Regional Educational Services Commission for the purpose of establishing programs and services for future potential homeless students of the township
- Appointed Shaw's Complete Security to supply and install video intercom system and remote door release on upper stairwell doors into the Board of Education office area. The project will be funded through New Jersey School Boards Association Insurance Group's NJEIF Safety Grant.
- Approved the requisition of district taxes for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Approved staff positions, curriculum and textbooks.
- Approved contracts for the 2012-2013 school year for special education students.